The Justice Beat Talk Show's
NxGen Media Internship Program
REMOTE UNPAID INTERNSHIP/ACADEMIC CREDIT DESCRIPTION
Note: During COVID-19 Shelter-at-Home requirements, the Show is operating in a remote posture with show guest(s) appearing via Zoom until further notice. This remote opportunity requires access to desktop/laptop, dedicated workspace, and consistent internet access.
The Justice Beat Talk Show recently completed its Season 3 production of 14 episodes. Now, it's time to ramp up pre-production activities for the launch of Season 4 in September 2021!
Do you have a dream to work in the media industry once you graduate from college? Are you looking to put your classroom instruction into practical real-world experience? Join our production team and put your creative and technical skills to work as you operate in multiple areas of the creative production process.
NxGen Media Internship Program will exercise your multi-tasking abilities as you assist in developing show ideas, identifying and booking potential show guest(s), editing episodes, updating Facebook show and podcast pages, and other activities as required. Through this experiential and project-based learning internship, you will have the opportunity to build relationships in the field to strengthen your chances of finding employment upon graduation while also having an amazing experience as part of our production team. Utilize your organizational skills as you coordinate different aspects of the production to ensure that all show components are timely and seamless.
Participate on the production team in the development of relevant stories for online talk show, online streaming and other platforms.
Story treatment for each episode, content creation, advance question development
Research topics using a variety of sources, including video archives , the internet library archives and local newspapers, and other sources as needed.
Communicate with show hosts and other team members to ensure a smooth running of the show.
Operate and manage functions associated with live-streaming via Facebook Live.
Editing, when necessary, live-show post-production.
Engaging all social media platforms by advertising show schedule and upcoming guests.
Secure promotional material from confirmed guests (e.g., bios, photos, etc.) and post to all social media platforms.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Enrolled in accredited college or university with ability to receive course credit.
- Serious interest in communications, media, or broadcast field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Trello, Workplace, and OTC
- Problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Working knowledge of social media platforms
- Strong organizational skills
- Timely and efficient
- Familiar with FB Creator Studio, FB Live Producer, Illustrator, Restream, Restream Studio, and OBS
- Must have internet access and laptop
- Social Media Intern
- Graphic Art Intern
- Webmaster Intern
- Audio Blogger Intern
- YouTube Channel Management Intern
- Video Digest Content Creator Intern
- Show Blogger
- Technical Production Lead Intern
- Technical Production Assistant Intern
- Associate Producers/Booking Assistant Intern
- Research/Writing Intern
- Content Writer
- Communications Intern
- Data Analytics/Metrics Intern
- Advertising/Sponsorship Intern
- eCommerce Intern
HOW TO APPLY:
- Send a resume, cover letter, and portfolio of work product(s) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate your availability (hours, days, etc.).
- State interest in internship opportunities for: Summer 2021, Fall 2021, or Winter/Spring 2022
- Summer 2021 Application deadline: April 1, 2021
- Fall 2021 Application deadline: August 1, 2021
- Spring 2022 Application deadline: November 15, 2021
- Required hours during academic year: 10 - 12 per week.
- Days/Hours: Tuesday/Thursday 10:00 - 2:00 cst
*Must be available for "mandatory" weekly debriefings on Fridays from 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm cst
*Must be available on Saturdays from 9:30 am - 11:30 am for live broadcast
- During summer months, required hours 15 - 20 hours/week (Monday - Thursday) and available to participate in weekly production team meetings on Thursdays (time TBD).
Performance Evaluation, Certificate of Completion, & Letter of Recommendation
L. Elaine Sutton Mbionwu
Creator/Executive Producer/Host & NxGen Media Internship Director
FB Show Page: https://www.facebook.com/justicebeat2day/
FB Online Community Forum: https://www.facebook.com/groups/justicebeat
IG, IGTV, & Twitter: @justicebeat2day
The Justice Beat Talk Show airs weekly on Saturdays from 10:00 am - 11:00 am cst via Facebook Live-Stream